Society X
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

SLIPKNOT Percussionist: 'We Are The Hardest Ever. We Blow All Bands Away'

Go down 
AuthorMessage
RatedRKO*

SLIPKNOT Percussionist: 'We Are The Hardest Ever. We Blow All Bands Away' Empty
PostSubject: SLIPKNOT Percussionist: 'We Are The Hardest Ever. We Blow All Bands Away'   SLIPKNOT Percussionist: 'We Are The Hardest Ever. We Blow All Bands Away' EmptySat May 31, 2008 12:43 am

Quote :
SLIPKNOT percussionist Shawn "Clown" Crahan spoke to MTV's "Metal File" last week about the group's fourth, still-untitled LP, which should arrive in stores by summer's end.

"I'm not that guy who's going to tell you it's harder," he said. "Harder, to me, doesn't mean anything. I could give a shit about hard. Hard means nothing to the Clown. SLIPKNOT is a phenomenon, it's an enigma, and the enigma weighs on your emotions. And the emotions aren't just heavy, they're cerebral, they're surreal and they're on a whole other level. I just know that this album is different than anything we've done."

"Listen, we are the hardest ever," he added. "We blow all bands away. I don't give a fuck who your band is. I've probably played with your band, and you don't show me shit. So, it's like, is this band heavy? Oh, yeah, we're the heaviest. We're heavy thinkers, heavy hitters, heavy writers and heavy people, but it's emotionally heavy. There's a lot of emotion on this record, and we're all on the same page with our own emotions, so you're finally seeing the kings of all the courts bringing their kingdom's jewels in for one gigantic war."

"No one has done what we have done," he added. "This is a war, man. The shit that we do, nine guys trying to fucking write together, and keep this insanity going? Does anybody take the time to realize that? For me, this is like going to Vietnam, serving your tour and then the government asking you to do another tour because you're a badass. We've got 10 purple hearts, and we're fucking killers. This isn't your rock and roll; this is our rock and roll."

For more of Crahan's nonsensical, rambling rant, visit MTV's Metal File."
Back to top Go down

SLIPKNOT Percussionist: 'We Are The Hardest Ever. We Blow All Bands Away'
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Society X :: Music :: Rock :: Outside Information-
Jump to: